Russian/Ukraine artists formerly known as Place 2B and Paimon have just undergone a big name change. Ladies and gentlemen we present to you… The Teddy Killerz.
Now signed to Bad Taste Recordings with an EP out this week, they tell us they’re armed with a whole range of tempo-flexing beats. We thought we’d grab a mix off them… And find out where the devil they got their strange name from!
Easy gents. So what’s with the new name? You were developing a good reputation as Place 2b and Paimon… why change?
Oleg: “We have been thinking about one name for both of us for a long time. It’s much easier to remember a duo’s name than two individual names. We went through lots of ideas, but finally decided to be called Teddy Killerz”
Why? What did cute little teddies do to deserve such a display of brutality?
Anton: “Hmm… I am not sure. You have to ask Greg, our manager. It was basically his idea about Teddy Killerz.”
Greg: “Yep, it’s my idea. I really love it. It’s a little bit provocative and easy to remember. I got it during my visit to London in April 2012. We were talking about the image of modern popular electronic music. Girls, teddy bears… Fuck ‘em! Kill Teddy!”
Erm, okay then. So your EP is ruddy heavy. Tell us about New Drums!
Anton: “I started this project near half of year ago. And few weeks ago we decided to finish it. New drums was a working title and we were too lazy to find new name and decided to leave it at that. We will probably have more tunes like New Bass, New D&B in the future! As for sound, it’s not our typical sound. It’s a little bit heavy and aggressive…. Perfect for dancefloors!”
And there’s the deeper, rolling b-side Double-Thinking…
Oleg: “Yes, more atmospheric and deep. I love these kind of tunes. With shifting sub bass, unsettling drums and a spine-chilling introductions.”
Nice. I read you’re about explore other tempo boundaries… Tell us more!
Anton: “Yes, we are working in different styles. We both loves breaks and dubstep. We also tried to make some glitch-hop and got big support from OWSLA guys. Who knows maybe we will release 110 bpm soon?!”
Big ups on the mix. Before we press download, give us a little description…
Anton: “Don’t know what to say to be honest! We did our best to deliver some fresh beats by Teddy Killerz and our favorite tunes from other producers we love. Enjoy!”
New Drums / Double Thinking is out now on Bad Taste.
Listen and download.
01. Prolix – Over You [C4C Digital]
02. Teddy Killerz – Obsession [dub]
03. Octane & DLR ft. Marion – Let Me Go (Break remix) [Dispatch]
04. Dabs – Lockdown [Red Light]
05. Octane & DLR ft. Kemo – Clarity [Dispatch]
06. Prolix ft. MC Coppa – On Like That [Playaz]
07. Teddy Killerz & Nphonix – Scary [Bad Taste]
08. Teddy Killerz – Ravezone Anthem 2012 [FREE]
09. Engage & Contract Killers – Don’t spend your time [Dub]
>>> Teddy Killerz – Slavery [dub]
10. Silent Witness – Run Time [Dispatch]
11. Subtension – Breaking Point [Dutty Audio]
12. Teddy Killerz – Earthshaker [Bad Taste]
13. Teddy Killerz – New Drums [Bad Taste]
14. Rockwell Ft. Kito & Sam Frank – Childhood Memories (Neosignal remix) [Shogun Audio]
15. Teddy Killerz – ID
16. The 2 Live Crew – Me So Horny [Luke Skyywalker]